Keeping your home and family safe from corona virus
With the rise of the new Corona virus,keeping your home and family safe has become more important than ever. Doing your best to avoid other people and public areas with the outbreak of corona virus (COVID-19) is not as easy as it sounds. Maybe you have a job or other requirements that force you outside of your home for a period of time. If you do have to go out in public, how do you protect the people in your home from corona virus?
How to keep your family safe from coronavirus?
Luckily, there are a few things you can do to help make sure that you are not spreading coronavirus to your family in case you are exposed to it. Some of these things include:
Reduce take-home exposure
- Cleaning and disinfecting your home often.
- Regularly washing stuffed animals and other toys that can harbor germs.
- Avoiding touching your face or the faces of other family members.
- Not sharing food and drinks with other family members.
- Avoiding travel to highly infected areas, if possible.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If in public, doing your best to avoid others by practicing social-distancing techniques.
- If you feel ill, make sure to self-quarantine or isolate yourself from other family members.
If you work in the medical field, service industry, or any other field where you may have a lot of contact with people who have been exposed to coronavirus, you may want to take further actions to prevent exposing your family or others to COVID-19.
Some of the things you can do include:
At Bilaad Realty we care about the health and well being of the society. Please stay safe.
- Taking off your shoes before you enter your home and disinfecting.
- Changing out of your clothes and washing up as soon as you get home. Consider keeping another set of clothes in the garage or laundry room to avoid contaminating your home with germs from your work clothes.
- Taking a shower as soon as you get home. Avoid sitting on or touching household furniture or items before taking a shower.
- Washing your work clothes in a different load than other laundry.
- Cleaning the floorboards, steering wheel and dashboard of your car when you get home.
- Making sure to clean all jewelry and accessories or better yet, leave them at home. If you need to have a watch at work, consider getting a watch specifically for your job and then leaving it there or in the glove compartment of your car when you head home.